• Recent landmark publications that will impact clinical practice
• Post graduate IBD Grand Rounds: A Challenging case
• A career in IBD: Prospects & Challenges
• Genetics in IBD: What the clinician needs to know
• Can the Increasing burden of IBD be tackled by changing lifestyle ?
• Immunotherapy of IBD simplified: How do the drugs work ?
Research in IBD: what have we achieved & where are we going ?
From the Radiology Desk :
• Small Bowel imaging – CT or MR Enteroclysis ?
• Large Bowel Imaging – Is CECT the best ?
• Ultrasound and Bariums – time to say goodbye ?
From the Pathology Desk
- Is it infectious ?
- Is it UC or CD ?
- Mimics of IBD ?
• Small bowel ulceration: Is it only Crohn’s ?
• Colonoscopic screening & surveillance: Too much or too little ?
• Interventional endoscopy in IBD
Diagnosis & grading, polypectomy, dilatation of strictures
Novel imaging, chromoendoscopy, EMR/ESD
J Pouch & Stapled Anatomosis
Stomacare / seton placement
Statement I. Serologic markers are not useful in clinical practice
Statement II. Faecal calprotectin can replace colonoscopic monitoring
Statement III. Pre & probiotics have an important role in management
Point: Mucosal healing is all that matters:
Counterpoint: How a patient feels is all that matters:
• Have I got IBD ?
• Is it TB? Is it Crohns ?
• When can I stop my medicines ?
• How to get the best out of your 5 ASA
• Steroids: will you still love me tomorrow ?
• Immunomodulators in the era of biologics: Which , When ?
• Biologics: Optimal positioning in treatment algorithms
• Biosimilars : Pros and cons in current practice
• Anti-integrins: hope or hype?
Management of adverse events and explaining risks of therapy
• Disease in Remission-What next ?
• Therapeutic Drug monitoring: Why, what , when ?
• Post operative recurrence: Is it a misnomer? Can we prevent it?
• Case based panel discussion: Fistulizing Crohns disease
• CMV & C difficile: bystander, suspect or culprit ?
• Extra intestinal Manifestations of IBD: What is the issue ?
Point : Enough is enough , now surgery
Counterpoint : Worth the wait, no hurry for surgery
My IBD journey
Family matters: Unaddressed needs in women with IBD
• A patient with the first attack of bloody diarrhoea
• A patient with a ileocaecal ulcerations
• A patient who cannot afford maintenance biologics
• Nex-Gen therapies for IBD: What to Expect ?
• Alternative & Complementary medicine: Beyond the ordinary or extraordinary ?
• Has laparoscopy expanded the indications for IBD surgery ?
• Pouches behaving badly: Prevention to cure
• IBD emergency: Role of surgery
• SAARC IBD Group Panel discussion: The initiative & Challenges
• Optimizing Biological therapy (APAGE Consensus): Your vote matters
• Mother & infant care in IBD
• IBD across the aage spectrum: The Children and the elderly ?
• How do you manage IBD in a patient with reactivation of hepatitis B ?
• Ironing out anaemia in IBD
• Dietary do’s and don’ts